Monday 1 February 2010

Ice and Fractures

I continue to seek answers about the gritting policy, particularly as I've just found out that West Mid had a 50% increase in fractures in A&E during the icy week in January, AND that this was a greater increase than other London hospitals. Environment Services confirmed that their priority 1 gritting on footways does not extend the length of the footway. They expect to get to Priority 2 footways within a day. I'm sorry but this did just not happen, and I am calling for a review of their gritting schedule, so that people can safely walk along busy pavements.

1 comment:

  1. Yes; and it was so much better under Labour where the sun shone and good old jolly council workers cleared the snow and helped old people get their shopping and the council and their officers were there to serve the people which made life so much more improved for everyone. OOPS NO. Life was crap under Labour in Hounslow - that's why you were kicked out! You will have to forgive my diatribe, it was caused by my memory going - I'm getting on. Now when was the last time that Labour, when they were in power, gritted the pavement outside my house (it's a main road). Let me think; ah yes memory returning - NEVER. OK diatribe re-installed.

    ReplyDelete